A Greener Way Of Cleaning
The QO Hotel uses our SURE product range to focus on sustainability without compromising guest experience.
Situated alongside the Amstel River with 288 designer rooms, including 12 suites, on-site restaurants and bars and public spaces, the new QO hotel in Amsterdam opened its doors in the Spring of 2018. Its innovative energy saving aluminum façade, rooftop greenhouse supplying restaurant ingredients (herbs, vegetables, fruit and even fish), natural daylight interior and creative underground warm water recycling make it a great example of how luxury and sustainability can be brought together. The QO is a ‘living’ hotel where its strategy is one of sustainability without compromising guest experience.
Every aspect of the hotel stays aligned to its sustainability vision. As one of Europe’s most sustainable hotels, a greener way of doing things extends from the building materials to every single part of the hotel’s operations. QO requires partners with the right range of safe and sustainable products, and industry expertise:
- Ability to reduce potential environmental damage from waterway and ocean contamination
- Assure healthier and safer processes for cleaning staff who are exposed to chemicals
- Maintain exceptional cleaning standards
One of the QO’s primary requirements for kitchens, facilities and personal care was limiting the hotel’s daily chemical usage and their safety. No other company had an organic and bio-degradable line as aligned to their sustainable strategy as Diversey’s SURE®. The SURE cleaning range is a comprehensive selection of plant-based, 100% biodegradable cleaning products that contain no artificial dyes, perfumes, quats, chlorine, phosphates or oxide compounds.
- Daily room cleaning with Ozon and Microvezel
- TASKI® machines for floor care
- 100% SURE products used in food service (dishwashing, surface and floor cleaning, and hand care)
The SURE range works across all areas the hotel, safe for people and kind to the environment. Sustainability and luxury that co-exist.
- Staff can work without masks, and preferably without gloves - other than for hygienic reasons.
- Strong cleaning chemical smells removed from the hotel
- Diversey’s dispensers offer less waste, proper dosage of materials and are easier to use
- Expert training and installation of dispensers and dish machines.